St. Vincent de Paul Society Sacramento Council
In the spirit of love and justice, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Sacramento Diocesan Council provides help to our neighbors in need through person-to-person service. Our organization, through a network of charity, provides help to those who live in poverty and struggle to make ends meet. No charity is foreign to the Society. #HelpUsHelpOthers
608 University Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Every donation we receive helps us to expand our network of charity to serve those in need. Donations of unrestricted funds allows us to promote the expansion of SVdP Council service programs (e.g., home visitation, thrift store, refugee assistance, disaster relief) and to direct financial assistance and/or training and support to our conferences. These donations will support and strengthen our SVdP Council operations, which we manage on a volunteer model. With the exception of our Thrift Store employees, no officer, board member, or other service providers receive compensation for this charity work. At present, we have no paid administrative staff.
- Funding: Program - As the need for assistance continues, despite the improved economy, we are growing our innovate programs in response. Our programming includes our Home Visitation program, Thrift Store operation (including our mattress program) and Resource Center. We are also active with programs for refugee assistance, prison transition, and disaster relief.
- In-Kind Donations - Each year in the northern California area, from Benicia to the Oregon boarder, the the SVdP Sacramento Council, through its over 50 local conferences, serves almost a quarter of a million people in need. Food, clothing, housing, or whatever is needed and within our means to meet. Our efforts reach only a fraction of those in poverty in our communities. As we seek to expand our charitable services, we know that we can only help others with your help.
- Volunteers - With the exception of our Thrift Store, which is a work opportunity program, SVdP Sacramento Council is a wholly volunteer organization. We operate our programs 100% through the help of our unpaid members, associates and volunteers. Volunteerism is at the core of our mission to serve those in need and we have an ongoing "invitation to serve" to anyone who want to support our mission. We need and seek volunteers in all areas related to our mission to charity.
- Other - Please Describe - The SVdP Sacramento Council seeks pro bono, volunteer assistance with administrative projects, including, but not limited to, strategic and long-term planning, fundraising, and business management.