Women Empowerment and Wellness
ACCIS provides transitional assistance to newly arriving immigrants and refugees to Sacramento through Referral Services, Women and Youth Empowerment Programs, and Cultural Integration Activities.
Newcomers face many challenges in their transition into a new country and new culture. A few of the issues they face are language barrier, inability to find suitable jobs, no knowledge of available services, lack of youth programs, mental health issues, culture shock and identity confusion -- in addition to the lack of social activities.
With the recent influx of refugee families ACCIS is collecting donations and household items.
The new families are in need of furniture, mattresses, blankets, kitchen items (i.e., utensils and pots) and cleaning supplies.
ACCIS addresses these issues through its programs that focus on minimizing the cultural shock and empowering newcomers to become productive members of the community while preserving their identity.
To learn more about our programs and services, please visit the ACCIS Sacramento website!
Arab Community Center for Integration Services (ACCIS) is a non-profit organization that provides transitional assistance to newly arriving immigrants and refugees to the Greater Sacramento area through Referral Services, Women and Youth Empowerment Programs, and Cultural Integration Activities.
Financial support to fund our women empowerment and youth enrichment programs. We need funds to hire a full-time office manager to assist clients with their needs over the phone and in person, maintain the records and manages the budget. We also need to hire a full-time grant and fundraising specialist to create fundraising campaigns and support the BDOG campaign by posting on social media and engaging with sponsors.
Our top needs:
1. Funding: Program - Sewn products industry training program provides entrepreneurial and new skill set training for women to achieve gainful employment. Opportunity to get financial and technical support to start their own business. The program consists of a series of workshops and seminars, hands on training, and certification.
2. Funding: Program - Food-based business industry training program provides entrepreneurial and new skill set training for women to achieve gainful employment. Opportunity to get financial and technical support to start their own business. The program consists of a series of workshops and seminars, hands on training, and certification.
3. Funding: Program - Women Empowerment Certification Program. Training program of six sessions aims to support Arabic women in their integration into the community and the new environment. The program provides awareness to women on self-worth and the ability to determine their own choices, it also contributes to upgrading their skills to become ready to deal with life stressors. Empowering women is very important for the health and social development of families, society, communities, and countries. Women can reach their full potential when they are living safe, fulfilled, and productive lives.
4. Funding: Program - Youth enrichment program provides services for youth in the Sacramento area to empower them for success in and out of school. The program includes activities that focus on emotional intelligence and wellness, and outdoor activities such as hiking, soccer and basketball.
5. Funding: Unrestricted - To be used for office, administrative and overhead expenses.
6. Volunteers - ACCIS is an all-volunteer organization. Our volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and they are the ones who carry out our programs. We have multiple volunteer positions open posted on our website following this link https://www.accis-sac.org/volunteer. We are also in need of board members.
Every person involved in our organization brings original perspectives and experiences to advance our mission to provide transitional assistance to newly arriving immigrants and refugees to Sacramento.
Diversity, equity and inclusion practices are at the heart of our daily work as we strive to support, empower, and integrate.
View our current participation opportunities.
Social Media Marketer
Virtual on Zoom
Arab Community Center for Integration Services
Tax id (EIN)
Funding: Program, Funding: Unrestricted
Immigrants & refugees, Youth & Children, Low-income individuals/families
Both the Executive Director & Board Chair
Local Counties Served
Address2740 Fulton Ave #101-12
Sacramento, CA, US