Our world is in crisis. We can change our part in that by supporting local, grassroots solutions.
raised by 1 people
Hello friends and supporters,
You may wonder, "Why does Moiz want me to donate to 350 Sacramento?" - I'll keep it simple.
4 reasons why you should support 350 Sacramento this Big Day of Giving
1: Support Moiz in investing in our youth
In the past year I crafted and piloted a crash-course curriculum as a free resource to provide young people all the knowledge, skills, and connections to guest speakers they'd need to be effective advocates for their communities and our climate.
In 2021 I created the Student Environmental Activist Training and operated it as an after-school and summer program over Zoom, earning the Sacramento Environmentalist of the Year Award. This year we're expanding our free program to a full summer camp, bringing on paid student interns, and helping students create a network of clubs in their schools across the Sacramento region.
2. As the first ever staff member of 350 Sacramento, I've seen this organization grow from a group of persistent, even when un-funded, volunteers pushing for change to a small-but-mighty powerhouse of climate advocacy in the Sacramento region punching well above our weight. We recently made our next big leap into a new phase as an organization, from:
- ~10 years as an all-volunteer organization since we were founded in 2010
- 1 1⁄2 years of change and growth as I came on as our first ever and only employee at the start of the pandemic in June 2020
- As of April 2022 we grew from a staff of just me to a team of 4 part-time employees!
I'm so glad to be able to focus deeper in my new role as Program Director, and trust in my amazing new co-workers to hold down their parts of our work. Help us sustain and fund this new transition. Imagine what we'll be able to accomplish together with your support as our team and capacity continues to grow.
3. Despite the pandemic, our community-based organization has kept winning
- After our volunteers served as the only grassroots advocacy organization appointed to the Mayors' Commission on Climate Change, we've stayed consistent in holding the City of Sacramento accountable and pushed the successful passing of the new building Electrification ordinance - eliminating fossil fuel infrastructure from our City's future!
- 350 Sacramento has worked in coalition with Sacramento's broader climate and environmental movement to support the passing of Climate Emergency Declarations at the City of Sacramento, County of Sacramento, and Sacramento Municipal Utility District. Notably, SMUD's commitment to Carbon Zero by 2030 is the most ambitious of any large scale utility in the country!
4. I'm so excited by the potential that 350 Sacramento has to affect positive change in our community and create lasting improvements to our city, region, state, country, and addressing our world's climate crisis. Sacramento is the Capital city of CA - a state with a reputation of environmental leadership across the country, and one of the world's largest economies. The work we do here matters and we have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of history.
350 Sacramento is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your donation is tax deductible as allowable by law. To learn more about 350 Sacramento, you can check us out at: https://350sacramento.org/about/
This fundraiser supports
Organized By Moiz Mir