Bite Sizes Pieces of Joy and Hope
Since 1992, Folsom Cordova Community Partnership has provided basic needs and educational programs that significantly improve the quality of life for our families. We meet our families where they are. We walk with them as they learn and grow.
We are the only Family Resource Center in east Sacramento county.
Every day we provide hundreds of bite size pieces of joy and hope. Here is one of those stories.
When Folsom Cordova Community Partnership first met Christina*, she had just had a baby and was living in a violent situation with her partner. We assisted her in finding transitional housing and assisted with her to get a restraining order and court-ordered custody arrangement. Christina has graduated from a fast-track phlebotomy training program and is about to take her national board certification exam. Her next goal is to find her own apartment and employment in the medical field.
(*name changed to protect confidentiality)
Here at FCCP we provide:
- Safety-Net services like: rental and/or utility assistance, bus passes, clothing, housing referrals, food, and baby supplies.
- Family Empowerment services including: home visits, parent education workshops, Community Events.
- Community Celebrations such as: Community Baby Shower, Craft Bug, Narooz, Juneteenth & Harvest Festival
- Financial Empowerment offers financial education workshops for both Youth & Adults
- Home Visitation Services help to stabilize families in crisis by bringing resources and information to secure stable housing, clothing, food, transportation, respite care, furniture, mental health support, employment, school readiness, legal assistance and immigration help. Over 2000 visits per year to homes with pregnant women and/or young children.
- Employment Services provides job assistance, employment training scholarships, pre-employment workshops, job search assistance, connections to local employers, professional clothing closet, and more.
- Youth Services include mentoring in local high schools and middle schools as well as offering youth career centers.
- Health Services includes COVID-19 vaccinations, testing, and education.
When you donate to FCCP, you are supporting these programs and providing bite sizes pieces of joy and hope. Collectively, this positive impact is felt throughout our community. Established in 1992, FCCP is a community-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. In collaboration with community supporters like you, we serve over 5,000 families every year. We depend on the generosity of businesses and individuals like you to meet the financial needs of our mission.
We depend on the generosity of businesses and individuals like you to meet the financial needs of our mission.
Thank you for your support!