Coloma Community Center 4623 T Street, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95819-4700
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Arts,Culture & Humanities|
Access Sacramento could not be prouder of the significant impact it has on bringing our area's diversity of voices onto cable television and radio. With 29 years in the community, we are recognized for the significant in-kind donations we make to area non-profits through our Hometown TV and Game of the Week broadcasts. We were recognized in 2014 by the National Association of Community Arts Centers as the only representative west of the Mississippi and each year we win several Western Access Video Excellence (WAVE) awards for providing the best community access television productions across six western states.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Sustainable support for non-commercial community radio KUBU-LP 96.5 FM at $8,000/year.
- Volunteers - Trained volunteers to help with television and radio productions.
- Funding: Program - Many 16-21 year old youth interested in gaining skills as a digital neighborhood correspondents are trained as reporters for our channel and for AccessLocal.TV.
- Funding: Program - Donation support for expansion of Hometown TV grants providing coverage of local community events on cable.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Every dollar goes a long way in keeping the doors open. While equipment dollars support members with restricted funding, keeping the doors open longer and providing extended services are directly linked to new unrestricted dollars. Please Help.
'We invite you to join us, to bring your unique voice to our channels. Meet your neighbors at Access Sacramento by taking a class, creating a program, volunteering to help a group production effort or by simply watching these award-winning community channels. Each individual has a lifetime of stories and a unique style of expression. Is your voice reflected on commercial television and radio? If not, welcome to Access Sacramento, "giving voice to the thoughts, dreams, opinions, and community cultural and arts that make Sacramento County such a wonderful place to live." These are events not generally seen or heard on commercial and public radio, television, and other popular forms of media, but they are the images of what makes Sacramento County so unique: the images and voices of the places, events, and people who inspire and build our community. If you cannot find the answers to your questions by visiting our website, please call me at (916) 456-8600 Ext. 100. Here at Access Sacramento we look forward to meeting you and introducing you to many new neighbors and friends, helping you to hear their voices, and helping you to share your own voice in its unique way. We are here to help.'
Come join us, because you are welcome here,
Gary Martin, Executive Director
Jo Anna Davis, Chair, Board of Directors