|Address:||2795 East Bidwell, Suite 100 |
Folsom, CA 95630
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Youth Development|
|Sub NTEE:||Youth Development Programs|
• Approximately 3.2 million public elementary school students enrolled in grades 1-6 live in poverty
• 5,802 elementary schools in 531 districts are designated as Title 1
• Over 60% receive Title 1 funds
• Approximately 48% are designated as Title 1 School wide - 40% or more of the school population at poverty level
Many schools in the Sacramento Region share these statistics. Playmakers serves Title 1 schools, as well as schools that may not meet the poverty level, but have enrolled students who would benefit significantly from the behavior and leadership-building exercises of our after-school programs.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding is needed for operating expenses.
- Funding: Program - Funding is needed for program expenses.
- Volunteers - Volinteers are needed for interactive classroom visits, materials sorting, and helping with field trips.
- Board Members - Playmakers seeks community members who can commit time, talent, and treasure to the organization's mission.
- In-Kind Donations - Donations of field trip transportation, sports equipment, and sporting event tickets are greatly appreciated.