The Playmakers goal is to empower and educate through Character & Leadership Development, Academics & Literacy, and Team Activities. Our program serves boys and girls from disadvantaged backgrounds with academic and social challenges. Through our after-school mentoring and coaching, we empower our students to accomplish more than they ever thought was possible, and to do the right thing even when no one is looking. We will foster a Pay It Forward mindset and inclusion for all students.
2795 East Bidwell, Suite 100
Folsom, CA 95630
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
Our goal is to change children's lives through coaching, mentoring and encouraging them to think for themselves and about their future. We introduce youth to volunteerism and giving back to their communities. Every donation helps us continue with our mission. Our program is free to attend, but we do have waiting lists at each location and we are eager to serve more students. We also want to grow our Summer Academy to affect more students during the school break with continuous learning.
Title 1 is a federal grant program designed to give educational assistance to students living in high areas of poverty. Title 1 reaches about 12.5 million students nationwide, 65% of which are grades 1-6. Playmakers serves Title 1 schools, as well as schools that may not meet the poverty level, but have enrolled students who would benefit significantly from the behavior and leadership-building exercises of our after-school programs. It is also important to note that our summer programs keep students engaged and reduce the achievement gap for these at-risk students.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding is needed for operating expenses.
- Funding: Program - Funding is needed for program expenses: Trained Coaches, 20-1 ratio
- Volunteers - Volunteers are needed for interactive classroom visits, fitness drills, and chaperoning field trips.
- Board Members - The Playmakers seeks community members who have a heart for helping kids, and can commit time, talent, and/or treasure to the organization's mission.
- In-Kind Donations - Donations of field trip transportation & activities, sports equipment, and sporting event tickets are greatly appreciated.