|Address:||(Physical) 201 Berkeley Avenue (Mailing) PO Box 297|
Roseville, CA 95678
|County or Parish:||Placer County|
|Primary NTEE:||Housing, Shelter|
|Sub NTEE:||Homeless Shelters|
In 2016, 445 total homeless guests were served which equated to 25,594 overnight bed nights with an average of 70 guests served each night which is a 12% increase over 2015 numbers; 38% of sheltered guests are women and children; 8% are veterans; 41% report a primary issue of mental health; 20% report the primary issue of substance abuse; 20% report the primary issue of domestic violence; and 19% report a primary issue of being disabled.
85 cents of every dollar goes directly to service provision for our homeless guests which means that only 15% is used for administrative overhead; it costs $38 per day per person served for the entire program which includes our on-site medical clinic, dental clinic, case management services, life skills classes, addiction recovery services, mental health services, on-site clothing closet, shower facilities, hot nutritious meals and safe sleeping out of the elements. Sheltered homeless guests and our low income neighbors have access to computers, phones, fax, hot coffee and community fellowship at our on site Resource Center. Volunteers help with job and internet searches, laundry, cooking meals and provide hospitality.
2. Clothing Items such as jeans, socks, underwear. Every time the homeless take a shower, they require new clothing. Most do not have laundry services and often the clothes they remove are not salvageable. Men's jeans are especially needed. Warm clothing during winter including socks are priceless. Gently used items welcomed.
3. Volunteers Needed for Social Enterprise Business. The Gathering Inn has a social enterprise business called Gathering In Style. It is a clothing store that sells new merchandise obtained from stores such as Macy's at deeply discounted prices. The store needs volunteers to help organize and sell the merchandise and interact with the customers. All of the profits from the store go to support the homeless at The Gathering Inn.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Cash Donations to Fund Operations
- Funding: Program - Cash Donations to Fund Programs
- In-Kind Donations - Clothing Items
- Technology - We would benefit from technology assistance with networks as well as hardware/software aquisition and training.
- Volunteers - Volunteers Needed for Social Enterprise Business