Sisters Animal Sanctuary
Our mission is to assist animals by providing a safe and healthy place of refuge and protection, and to arrange for permanent loving homes when possible. Through trap/neuter/relocate to sanctuary or adopt, we are committed to helping those animals that have been abused, abandoned, and generally treated as disposable. Our mission and passion is to help stop the animal overpopulation while working toward our goal of having no more homeless animals in our community.
11480 Fogg Road
Elk Grove, CA 95757
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Animal Related|
|Sub NTEE:||Animal Protection & Welfare|
Our most pressing needs include dedicated volunteers to work our day shift since we do not have an administrative budget to hire personnel. We also need volunteers that have expertise in carpentry and related building skills since we need to rebuild some of our interior rooms. Donations to make changes to our well and pump house to ensure that our water supply will not be contaminated and related repairs in that area. Donations toward dental procedures for our aging kitties, assistance with our very high monthly utility bills, and general supplies.
Our top needs:
- Volunteers - Our most pressing needs include dedicated volunteers to work our day shift during the hours of 9:30AM to 3:30PM. A 2-hour minimum is most helpful. Volunteers who have special skills who are able to build additional rooms and rebuild existing rooms and/or to help with general repairs.
- Funding: Program - Our aging kitties need dental procedures to ensure they are not in pain and to maintain their general overall health. Donations toward dental procedures for our aging kitties ($800-$1200 per procedure).
- Funding: Unrestricted - Flood cleanup and repair including changes to our well and pump house, grading and gravel for drainage and driveway repair $2500-$3000.
- Funding: Other - Help with propane and utility bills, our monthly utility bills cost $500-$1000 depending on the time of year.
- In-Kind Donations - General supplies like cat litter, paper towels, laundry detergent, new beds and any other supplies related to our rescue efforts, and any supplies related to our rescue efforts are greatly appreciated.