Sacramento Steps Forward
Sacramento Steps Forward is the lead agency working to end homelessness in the Sacramento region. By using a collaborative, data-driven, outcomes-based approach, we help ensure that people experiencing homelessness have access to housing, employment, health, education, and other resources necessary for economic stability and an improved quality of life.
|Address:||1331 Garden Highway Suite 100|
Sacramento, CA 95833
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Human Services|
|Sub NTEE:||Homeless Services/Centers|
- Winter Sanctuary: Sacramento's rotating winter shelter for single adults. From November - March, houses of worship throughout Sacramento County host our homeless single adults, providing food, shelter, and access to services during the cold winter months.
- Common Cents: SSF is building a dynamic, responsive system that will identify the most vulnerable chronically homeless individuals and homeless veterans and help them obtain permanent housing and supportive services.
- Neighborhood Outreach Events: We work with neighborhoods, businesses, churches, service providers and community volunteers to help provide services to the homeless where they are located, with the ultimate goal of matching them with needed benefits, services and housing.
- General Outreach and Coordination: We work to coordinate the efforts of nonprofit service providers, and collaborate with city and county agencies to maximize the resources available to people experiencing homelessness.
We have a current goal of $50,000 for year 2017.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding for SSF to build a regional coalition.
- Funding: Program - Funding for Outreach Program to reach areas not currently funded
- In-Kind Donations - These donations will assist us in the development of services to treat populations not qualifying for other services.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding for Outreach Program to reach areas who need assistance but who do not have an Outreach Program budget.
- Funding: Unrestricted - These donations will assist us in the development of services to support building an in-community team to facilitate navigation of the system for clients who can not complete these tasks themselves.