Sacramento Area Animal Coalition
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for dogs, cats, and the people who love them. SAAC provides affordable spay/neuter services through partnerships with veterinary clinics, local governments, and animal organizations. We focus on reaching pets in low-income and underserved communities, prioritizing aid for those animals at highest risk in local shelters, and supporting efforts to control feral cat populations.
PO Box 161043
Sacramento, CA 95816
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
- The Voucher Program operates year-round, helping low-income pet owners obtain spay/neuter surgeries at participating veterinary clinics for a small co-payment.
- The Feral Cat Assistance Program provides low-cost spay/neuter surgeries for people who care for feral cat colonies.
- Spay Day is held every February for low-income pet owners. Each pet receives spay or neuter surgery, a microchip and lifetime registration, and core vaccines, all for just $20 per dog and $15 per cat.
Our programs are designed to target low-income pet owners and the animals at highest risk in local shelters (namely pit bulls, Chihuahuas, and cats). SAAC has provided more than 30,000 low-cost spay and neuter surgeries since 2000.
We also seek specific in-kind donations to support our annual Spay Day event.
$25 provides one cat neuter
$50 provides one dog neuter or one cat spay
$100 provides two cat spays
$250 provides five dog neuters
In-kind donations of the following support our annual Spay Day event:
Microchips for at least 300 animals
Core vaccines for at least 300 animals
T-shirts for at least 300 volunteers
Lunch, beverages, and snacks for at least 300 volunteers
Printing of approximately 2000 fliers and 3000 pet registration forms, postcards and other materials
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Our biggest need is for cash donations to pay for spay/neuter surgeries at local vet clinics. - $25 provides one cat neuter - $50 provides one dog neuter or one cat spay - $100 provides two cat spays - $250 provides five dog neuters
- In-Kind Donations - In-kind donations of the following support our annual Spay Day event: - Microchips for at least 300 animals - Core vaccines for at least 300 animals - T-shirts for at least 300 volunteers - Lunch, beverages, and snacks for at least 300 volunteers - Printing of approximately 2000 fliers and 3000 pet registration forms, postcards and other materials
- Space: Office or Other - We do not have a physical location and often need office space to hold board meetings or assemble mailings and materials for Spay Day. We also need a storage unit where we can keep supplies, animal records, and materials for fundraising events.
- Volunteers - We rely on volunteers to operate our programs, fundraise, and promote our programs. We are actively recruiting volunteers to for: * Marketing and Fundraising Committee * Program Committee, including: - Answering and returning calls on our "spay line" - Recruiting and maintaining relationships with vet clinics - Processing requests for feral assistance coupons - Supporting all aspects of our annual Spay Day event
- Board Members - The Sacramento Area Animal Coalition (SAAC) is run by a volunteer board of directors who are passionate about helping animals. SAAC has no paid staff Board members manage our programs in addition to providing financial oversight and strategic direction for the organization.