Pamela Trokanski Dance Theatre
Pamela Trokanski Dance Theatre's mission is to redefine dance as an active art form & an integral part of the human experience. We provide programs that involve a diverse group of individuals of all ages, including highly trained athletic dancers, people ranging in age from 8 - 80+, people living with a range of physical challenges, artists from other disciplines, & the general public. PTDT promotes & supports dance & education through performance art, community outreach, & programs.
2720 Del Rio Pl
Davis, CA 95618
|County or Parish:||Yolo County|
PTDT is unique among dance companies. It has three divisions:
1. The Dance Theater began in 1985 and is composed of dancers with a significant amount of technical training in contemporary/modern, jazz, and ballet.
2. The Apprentice Company began in 2009 as a way to train dancers with a goal of working towards the higher demands of technique and performance required by the main company and to give younger, serious, dancers a pre-professional experience.
3. The Third Stage began in 1994 and is California's only multi-generational contemporary dance company with dancers often ranging in age from 8 to 80+.
The three companies include a diverse group of people in terms of ethnic background as well.
Production costs (including theater/space rental, costumes/props, music, and fees/licensing): $12,425
Technical staff (including lighting/sound, house management, videography/photography, and honoraria for guest performers): $3,030
Outreach costs (including printing, advertising, and memberships): $985
Kinesthetic Organic Rigorous Education (KORE) costs (including teacher salaries, rent, and supplies): $3,850
Dance for Parkinson's costs (rent): $2,550
Liability Insurance for PTDT Board of Directors: $1,002
Vision for Growth (Annual Costs):
Administrative staff (one half-time person): $15,000
Choreographer salary: $40,000
Company dancers' honoraria (20 dancers @ $100/concert for 4 concerts): $8,000
Teacher enrichment (continuing education and training): $2,000
Costume replacement and expansion: $2,000
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Operational Costs, Production Costs, Program Costs
- Funding: Unrestricted - Operational Costs, Production Costs, Program Costs
- Volunteers - Ushers, Event Planning
- In-Kind Donations - Raffle Items
- Board Members - Seeking board members with a variety of experience, especially in publicity, marketing, fundraising, and law
-- Pamela Trokanski, Director & Board President