1. Consider sharing time, talent, and treasure as a member of our volunteer Board of Trustees. If you've never served on a nonprofit board before, this is a great place to start.
2. Funding to sustain our Teen Center program, which helps teens stay IN school and OUT of trouble, in spite of the challenges they face.
3. Consider sharing your expertise and talent by volunteering to assist with improvements to the agency's property. We are fortunate to own the property where our programs take place, and our Children's Center, Teen Center, and Senior Center get heavy use, year-round. Our volunteer handymen and handywomen help with "fix-it" jobs and keep our spaces in shape for the people we serve.
4. Stipends for our Counselors-in-Training (CIT) program, which focuses on soft skills/job readiness skills. Youth ages 12-17 receive training in time management & punctuality; professional expectations; leadership and teamwork; verbal communication; and problem-solving. Youth have real work experience and references to use in pursuing employment opportunities and successfully enter the workforce.
5. Camperships for children to attend Summer Day Camp. Every year, 90+ children spend their summer days with us at McKinley Park and enjoy arts, crafts, sports, games, cooking, swimming, and more. At the same time, they learn how to make friends and keep them, solve problems peacefully, work together as a group, and create happy memories. Parents pay a sliding scale fee, and donations for camperships help defray the cost.