CLBL values diversity in all of its forms, such as: gender, sexual orientation, age, disability (mental or physical), experience, economic status, industry, geographic location, or racial/ethnic and cultural heritage. Diversity enhances our ability to achieve our mission and vision by sustaining the quality of life for all people and the communities we serve. We celebrate the rich diversity of California and the world, and are committed to achieving diversity among our board, staff, and volunteers.
Our commitment to diversity will:
· Be Reflective of the Communities We Serve. Create an inclusive environment in which cultural differences are recognized, accepted, respected, and celebrated.
· Enhance Outreach and Build Community Partnerships. Seek employees, board members, volunteers and partnerships with other organizations that strengthen our inclusion principles.
· Build Business Relationships. Engage with and conduct business with those of diverse backgrounds.
· Create Awareness. Share our diversity statement and values with staff, partners, supporters and general public.
· Promote Learning. Identify and address specific inclusiveness issues, barriers, and opportunities and promote a safe environment for learning and sharing about diverse backgrounds, cultures, and values.
· Maintain Accountability. Evaluate the status and impact of our organization’s inclusiveness and diversity efforts annually through our Board of Directors.