Arts Education for every school child in Sacramento County! Donations through the 2022 Big Day of Giving will sustain the Friends of Sacramento Arts in working with the Arts Education Consortium and the education and arts partners to restore arts education in classrooms.
Financial support will enable the Friends of Sacramento Arts to grant funds to teaching artists, arts organizations to provide arts education experiences including:
1) Artists-in-residence programs in classrooms;
2) Teachers are frequently in need of additional resources and training to integrate arts into other subject areas. Workshops will provide K-6 teachers in Sacramento County schools the tools to use the arts as a method to instruct subjects including math, science, and language arts;
3) Working with school districts and leaders to develop a database of all schools and arts education programs;
4) Musical instruments, art supplies, and technology are needed for on-site arts education experiences. Financial support in 2022 will aid in seeking partners and financial support to grant out funds for art supplies, musical instruments, and creative tools for arts education.
5) Arts organizations in the community are often not adequately equipped to provide sustainable, meaningful outreach, and field trip opportunities. Funding in 2022 will assist in providing financial support to selected organizations to establish arts education programs to schools.
6) Create a communication and outreach campaign focused on the critical academic and mental health benefits of a fully-funded arts education program for K-12 students.