1. To raise $40,000 to advance our grant, co-sponsored, special programs, and administrative support. -- We hope to make more substantial and quarterly artist grants, to extend our emergency grant program, to give an annual Lifetime Achievement Award, to expand existing film-program distribution, to publish lost masterworks, to sponsor 3 online concerts and an a master seminar.
2. To raise $3,000 to produce an LHF trailer, and to upgrade our files for distribution and our Website for the Foundation -- The upgrade will allow our website to house posters, videos, and links to LHF-supported works by our grantees and fiscally sponsorsees. This increase their visibility online.
3. To raise $6,000 to meet our office equipment and assistance needs: Part of this will fund upgrades in software and part-time office coordinator (a former, trained intern), who can help build a group of volunteers and assist with our outreach and programs.
4. To raise $7000 for special projects:
Recent, ongoing special projects have involved digitizing two of America's first musicals, which were lost works commissioned and popularized by the African-American divas The Hyers Sisters in the 1870's, co-producing 3 films about them, and helping to sponsor a concert and DVD on 3 living Masters of the Spiritual at Lincoln Center. In such projects, our investment of funds has been very important and has required a large investment in travel, time, expertise, and mentoring.
5. To raise $4000 in travel funds to foster our co-sponsoring and Mentoring programs so that, in a limited way, our artists can better interact with legendary mentors and we can advance our currently co-sponsored film and touring program.
This year we will:
- Publish the two Hyers' musicals that we have digitized, making them available to the public for the first time since their last performance in 1894
- Expand our media presence -- a Foundation website and promo mentioned, and co-produce touring master concert on the Spiritual
- Enhance the distribution/touring of our latest Hyers Sisters and our previous Masters of the Spiritual touring projects
MEETING THE NEEDS ABOVE (1-5) will require video editing, Art and Web design, and some production costs, but the gains will far outweigh the costs. For example, updating our Web site and creating a Foundation promo to display our programs effectively will connect our work with our grantee/sponsoree sites. This will attract many more donations and applicants.
Our expansion will require a part-time assistant, who will receive an hourly fee, but our work will become more effective and we will again volunteers to advance our programs.