Filipino Community Center
Since 1973, when it purchased the two-acre property, FCSV has been hard at work in raising funds to build its life-long dream of a community center. This dream is becoming closer to reality as it is now in the stages of identifying the viable options of the type of building that would best serve FCSV's objectives.
Through the community center, we would be able to
- Promote our ongoing programs and projects more efficiently and effectively
- Have a central meeting place for the various Fil-Am organizations in the community
- Set up a museum and library that would showcase our Filipino history and culture
- Conduct seminars and workshops on relevant and needed topics/issues in the community
- Conduct classes on the Filipino dialects to teach our youth the joy of speaking and writing in our
- Conduct cooking lessons which will focus on Filipino ethnic food or dishes.
- Offer free computer classes to adults and seniors to keep them abreast with the increasing demand to be knowledgeable in the information technology arena.
-Offer immigration counseling to aid immigrants in filling out immigration forms, citizenship, petitions, etc.
-Provide performing arts classes to give our youth the avenue to showcase their talents.
With these planned activities, combined with FCSV's current activities, the community center will become one of the area's mainstays in promoting and affecting positive growth and change for the community.