|Address:||1911 Douglas Blvd. Suite 85-232|
Roseville, CA 95661
|County or Parish:||Placer County|
|Primary NTEE:||Arts,Culture & Humanities|
|Sub NTEE:||Singing & Choral Groups|
Northern California Children's Chorus is a compilation of several choirs ranging from early experiences to a high school ensemble. We offer choirs, classes, workshops and summer camps. A description of each group follows.
- TRAINING CHOIRS: The primary goal for our youngest NCCC singers is that they enjoy their experience of learning to sing. Through singing, activities, and games the children learn the basic skills of reading music, the vocal skills appropriate for their age, and the steps to becoming a confident performer.
- CONCERT CHOIR: As our primary performance group, these singers meet for two hours per week to rehearse as well as participate in our music theory program. Skills are developed in vocal production, breath control, and in creating a pure head tone for bel canto singing. Music theory training includes sight reading skills, rhythm performance, and musical terminology. The Concert Choir performs repertoire from a variety of styles and languages. This choir has toured to Oregon and Los Angeles and also performed at the Pacific International Children's Choral Festival.
- ENSEMBLE: Growing with the NCCC through the 8th grade, many of our singers desire to keep on singing. The singers develop their beautiful children's voices into the voices of young women and men. Our Ensemble enjoys performing at the smaller events as well as senior homes and care centers.
- MINI GLEE: Offered a couple of times a year, this class for five to eight year-olds is a six week introduction to singing and music making.
- VOCAL PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP: Offered to the community, our VPW gives non members the opportunity to learn how to be an even better singer.
- SUMMER CAMPS: Our week-long camps introduce 7-to-12-year-olds to singing in a choir with added activities like field trips, arts and crafts, and recorder or hand chimes.
1. Scholarships: We are seeking funds to assist families with tuition scholarships that cover half the tuition.
2. Marketing: Hire a marketing consultant to guide us to the most beneficial use of digital and print marketing.
3. Lullaby Project: We created a professional CD of lullabies as a project for our local maternity hospitals.
4. Choral Festival for local schools: In celebration of our 10 years of training singers, we plan to bring together six to eight local elementary schools with the NCCC to sing for one another and to perform together. This event would encourage and promote the schools' existing programs.
5. Rehearsal/Office Space.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Scholarships: We are seeking funds to assist families with tuition scholarships that cover half the tuition.
- Funding: Other - Marketing: Hire a marketing consultant to guide us to the most beneficial use of digital and print marketing.
- Funding: Program - Lullaby Project: We created a professional CD of lullabies as a project for our local maternity hospitals.
- Funding: Program - Choral Festival for local schools: The goal is to bring together 10 local elementary schools with the NCCC to sing for one another and to perfomr together. This event would encourage and promote the schools' existing programs.
- Space: Office or Other - We are looking for a place to call home for our weekly singing rehearsals as well as office space to house our music and administration.
Our choirs rehearse a minimum of 90 minutes per week and some for three hours a week. That gives us the ability to challenge the singers with music theory training and repertoire that requires more skill and talent to learn and to perform. The outcome is young people who are confident, have excellent presentation skills, and have the experience of performing with professional adult choir and orchestras. Children who participate in music in their young lives, may not be that rock star of the future, but they do benefit from the discipline, the structure, and the intellectual stimulation that an excellent music experience will give them. Then again, some of the most successful rock stars had the kind of training that we offer.
Judy Britts, Executive Director