|Address:||5265 Putah Creek Rd. |
Winters, CA 95694
|County or Parish:||Yolo County|
|Primary NTEE:||Food, Agriculture & Nutrition|
|Sub NTEE:||Agricultural Programs|
And, our programs are effective, 80% of adult program graduates are farming or working in agricultural businesses; 56% of our youth program alumni are working jobs in agriculture and/or environmental science. Each program model is replicable and scalable. We are expanding our youth programs to put additional emphasis on career pathways and ensuring youth understand how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) jobs in agriculture/natural resources are vital to the future of the industry. The California Farm Academy, is tackling these same issues by training adults as beginning farmers. We continue to develop opportunities for these new farmers through a Farm Incubator Program. A mobile farm stand and four urban farms sites are helping to combat food deserts in West Sacramento. The Center for Land-Based Learning administers programs in 28 California counties. Our agriculture and natural resource conservation education programs serve over 2,500 youth and adults annually.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Unrestricted funds will support our capacity building efforts.
- Funding: Program - Funds will support specific program needs.
- In-Kind Donations - Please contact us to discuss.
- Volunteers - Please contact us to discuss.
- Space: Office or Other - Please contact us to discuss.