Kiwanis Family House
The Kiwanis Family House is dedicated to providing temporary housing and support to families of seriously ill or injured children and adults being treated at UC Davis Medical Center and Shriners Hospitals in Sacramento, California.
2875 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Human Services|
|Sub NTEE:||Emergency Assistance (Food, Clothing, Cash)|
- Operating Revenue - We currently need nearly $40,000 a month in order to provide temporary housing and support services to families in crisis.
- Operating Reserves - We have managed to create a three-month operating reserve at this time. Our goal is to build this to a 6-9 month reserve at minimum.
- Rent Relief - Our concerns stated above are challenged by ongoing demand to provide our services at no-cost or at a reduced rate. In the coming year, we expect to waive nearly $180,000 in rent for low-income guests, which represents approximately 37% of our total annual budget.
- Marketing and Public Relations - We compete for donor support with higher-profile charities in our region and recognize our challenge is to increase awareness if we are to gain additional financial support, particularly from corporate sponsors.
- Facility Improvements - As our building ages and demand for our services increases, we are challenged with finding funds outside of our general operating income for repairs and facility improvements to ensure guest comfort and safety.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Operating Revenue
- Funding: Unrestricted - Operating Reserves
- Funding: Program - Rent Relief for Low Income Families
- Other - Please Describe - Marketing and Public Relations
- Other - Please Describe - Facility Improvements