Kids Helping Kids Sacramento
Kids Helping Kids is an entirely student run non-profit organization that works to aid children both locally and globally. We are empowered students making a difference from the classroom to the community by investing in the lives of children in need. We believe that learning is best by doing and doing is best by serving others.
4925 Dewey Drive
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
We have done all of this through tutoring, mentoring, providing creative outlets and real application learning, and giving specific individuals the means to succeed when they have large obstacles to overcome. As well as our outreach work, the things that the high school students who run the organization experience lead them to go off and do great things in the future. We now have many members who have devoted their time and energy towards bettering the lives of others after their involvement with KHK such as our former CEO, who traveled to Africa and to provide the people there with clean water and education for their children. As an organization we are making a huge impact and are always looking to grow and have an even greater effect on the community we serve.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Finances: This is arguably the most critical need. We have many big ideas that we hope to implement into the community, but to be able to do this, we need to have the money available to put our ideas into action.
- In-Kind Donations - School Supplies: Every year we provide backpacks filled with school supplies for hundreds of students at underfunded schools in the Sacramento Region. This type of outreach is the "heart" of Kids Helping Kids.
- Technology - Office Supplies/Technology: Marketing is vital to getting our name out into the community (and getting more donors). As a result, we are always appreciative of printing deals and professional cameras.
- Funding: Other - Leadership/Professional Training: Due to the fact that we are run by high school students, the senior leadership team graduates at the end of every year. We appreciate any sort of training or guidance from professionals in the business world.
- Funding: Program - Our Global Outreach Cause: We maintain a safe house in Managua, Nicaragua for impoverished children where they are provided with education and supplies. Pulling them out of burning trash dumps, we are providing these children with a safe space to learn and grow. In conjunction with the safe house, we are funding the construction of a school with grades K-12 in the city.