Friends of Adult Day Health Care
P.O. Box 1964
Woodland, CA 95776
|County or Parish:||Yolo County|
|Primary NTEE:||Health Care|
|Sub NTEE:||Fund Raising & Fund Distribution|
*Ensure equipment needed in the nurses station, therapy room, kitchen, and throughout the Center, is in good condition and replaced as needed to insure participant safety ($5,000/year);
*Assist YADHC with developing and implementing alternative programming and space to meet the increasing needs for adult day programs. The Center currently has a waiting list of over ninety individuals in need of adult day services, and the list grows larger every year($100,000);
*Develop a Caregiver Support Program to assist the over 1,000 older caregivers in Yolo County struggling with the management of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias and its difficult behaviors. ($25,000/year);
*Provide funding for artistic, musical and other therapeutic programs and activities which are specific to participants interest and needs ($5000/year); and
*Develop a volunteer program that taps into valuable community resources of students, retirees and others seeking opportunities to give back. ($8,000/year).
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Friends of Adult Day Health Care (Friends) primarily raises funds for the Yolo Adult Day Health Center (Center). Funds raised have been used to renovate the building housing the Center, purchase vehicles to transport participants to and from the Center, physical therapy equipment, nursing supplies, and other necessary equipment needed to support our frail and elderly participants. We also help fund special programs such as music and art therapy and in special cases, have covered the cost for individuals to attend the Center. Friends requires a source of new and generous donors who understand both the health benefits and the practical advantages adult day health care programs provide to both participants and caregivers. This means we are constantly searching for new donors because the demand for services continues to grow.
- Volunteers - The Board of Friends is a small, but highly dedicated all-volunteer group. We are always in the need of volunteers either to join the Board or to help with specific fund raising events, such as Big Day of Giving. Friends could benefit from individuals with back grounds in fund raising, marketing, social media, and who possess the ability to attract new donors and supporters.
- Board Members - We have seven active Board members and would always welcome additional dedicated and passionate members. We are currently looking for a Treasurer as our current Treasurer, who has also served as President, Vice-President, and Secretary, is ready to retire. New Board members with back grounds in accounting, marketing, social media expertise, and fund raising would help us immensely as we continue on our mission to support adult day health care.
- Technology - Friends maintains a website, a Facebook page, and a Twitter account. We would welcome expertise from those in the social media field to help us maintain these sites and create new sites for us, such as in Instagram and Constant Contact. Other professional services which would help us create videos and other marketing advertisements would be very much appreciated.
- Space: Office or Other - Friends has never had a dedicated office space or building. For more than 32 years, Friends has met in borrowed rooms and files are stored at individuals houses and computers. Though awkward, the situation has not impeded our determination or our success. Having a dedicated space to file hard copies; an answering machine; and an office computer would be a first for our organization.
Sincerely, Marie Graham, President