Clinica Tepati operates under a three part mission rooted in providing equitable health services, life-long education, and patient advocacy. Our advocacy stems from the belief that healthcare is an inherent right for all people. We will continue to provide free healthcare services to the under-served communities of Sacramento. Our volunteers will have the unique opportunity to be leaders within the community and gain clinical experiences to prepare them for their future professional endeavors.
1820 J st.
Sacramento, CA 95811
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Health Care|
|Sub NTEE:||Community Clinics|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Funding to provide specialty and social services (Diabetes Education, Mental Health Support, Legal Aid, etc.) which will address the preventative care needs of our patients and provide preventative care training for our students.
- Funding: Program - Clinica Tepati needs help with funding to financially aid patients who demonstrate a sufficient financial burden by offering either a 50% co-pay coverage or a full coverage on prescription medications depending on patients' needs. These subsidies will be offered to patients whose medications are not covered by the Patient Assistance Programs (PAP). Data from our pharmacy committee shows a projected total of $9,303.46 dollars annually spent on medications.
- Funding: Program - Funding to help Clinica Tepati to expand its role in the Sacramento Community by working with marginalized Latino high school students who have an interest in a college education. The establishment of a college mentorship and program for high school students from disadvantage backgrounds will provide the underrepresented Latino youth with funding for college applications but more importantly an opportunity to pursue a higher education.
- Other - Please Describe - Funding to help Clinica Tepati to continue being an advocate for our community by hosting events to promote our services. Another major goal moving forward will be to continue and develop new partnerships that allow our organization to have an active role serving the Sacramento community.
- Technology - In order for Clinica Tepati to continue delivering quality healthcare services to our patients we need access to medical imaging machines like magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerized tomography (CT) scan.
Our dedication to education is extended to both our patients and volunteers. Clínica Tepati has created an unparalleled learning experience for our volunteer physicians, pre-professional, and undergraduate students. By staffing our clinic with individuals that reflect the diversity of the population we serve, Clínica Tepati is directly responsible for shaping the next generation of socially conscious health care providers and placing them in positions to dismantle the systemic barriers that impede many of our patients from getting care.
It is thus our firm belief that through Clínica Tepati's relentless efforts to improve the quality and scope of care we provide our patients, all those involved will gain the invaluable knowledge and experience that comes from addressing head-on the health inequities present in under-served communities.
-Clinica Tepati Board of Directors