Cantare Chorale of the Sierra Foothills
To bring the joy of choral music to the people of El Dorado county and beyond.
To provide a performance venue for qualified singers who want to share their talent.
To support the development of vocal/choral performance among members of our community.
To educate our audience regarding the history and composition of the repertoire we sing.
PO Box 1833
Diamond Springs, CA 95619
|County or Parish:||El Dorado County|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - $3000 to fund instrumentalist for "Tapestry of Love" spring concert 2019
- Funding: Other - $8690 to fund Carnegie Hall Residency 2019-11 singer ($790 each). This affords two days of intense study under the direction of Eric Whitacre, culminating in the performance of Whitacre's works with full orchestra in Carnegie Hall on November 24, 2019
- Funding: Other - $1600 to purchase new music for the 2019 season
- Funding: Other - $2000 to provide scholarships for musically talented students as they pursue their education.
- Furniture - $5,000 to provide administrative assistance to manage non-profit corporation
Since 1992, volunteer members of all ages, from all walks of life and with disparate levels of musical experience have joined together to sing for their own enjoyment and for their love of the art. A number of young voices have been added to the group during 2018 bringing new life to the sound.
Choir, oboe, and strings will bring a new dimension to the performance in 2019, featuring poetry, love, language, art, and culture--yet another challenge as the chorale grows musically and expands its repertoire.
Director Mariia Pechenova says: "From madrigals to contemporary music, folk tunes and jazz, my musical ambition lies in the great masterworks. My primary ambition is always to encourage and inspire the group I am working with to achieve their musical goals beyond their expectations." Each season Cantare extends a warm invitation to talented musicians with sight-reading and vocal ensemble skills to audition and join its dedicated group.
Ruth E. O'Shea, President
-- Ruth O'Shea, President