Black United Fund Sacramento Valley, Inc.
The mission of the Sacramento Valley Black United Fund (AKA Black United Fund of Sacramento Valley or BUFSV) is to create, maintain, and empower African American, ethnically diverse, and economically challenged communities through nonprofit development and organizing.
4104 44th Street
Sacramento, CA 95820
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Current funds are unrestricted, except for the annual Congress of African Peoples' Convening, held each fall since 2001.Unrestricted funds will allow the board to allocate to programs where needed.
- Board Members - The current board is dedicated and active; however, the current members have served for three years, and the organization needs two new board members. The board is actively recruiting.
- Funding: Other - To better assist the community, we are finding it necessary to expand beyond being a completely volunteer organization to having one paid staff person. The board is currently looking into starting with a part-time, paid intern.
- Space: Office or Other - The organization's current office is located in a residential neighborhood. It is a house donated to the Black United Fund as an annual in-kind contribution. However, we are on the waiting list to move to the Fruit Ridge Collaborative, a re-purposed, elementary school in the SCUSD.
- Funding: Program - Continuing to expand outreach for the 'Growing Our Own' Program by increasing the number of workshop offerings, instituting more consistent follow-up and success measures, and giving more direct grants: $6,000.