A Touch of Understanding, Inc.
A Touch of Understanding's mission is to encourage acceptance and respect for all individuals. Our educational programs are designed to increase understanding of differences, thereby minimizing discrimination, bullying, and social isolation suffered by children and adults who are perceived as different for any reason, especially those with disabilities.
5280 Stirling Street, Suite #102
Granite Bay, CA 95746
|County or Parish:||Placer County|
|Sub NTEE:||Educational Services|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Staff salaries. Managing nearly 100 volunteers, organizing the programs they serve, and providing direction and leadership to the organization as a whole requires the contribution of dedicated staff.
- Volunteers - At least four speakers (with disabilities) and four to eight activity station volunteers are needed at each workshop. Additional volunteers are needed to help with office work, to prepare materials for workshops, to plan and carry out fundraisers.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Basic office expenses: rent ($20,000 per year), telephone and supplies.
- Funding: Program - Travel and admission fees for Youth F.O.R.C.E. activities, so that more disadvantaged youth may participate.
- Furniture - Equipment replacement and repair: computer upgrades, copiers, furniture.
Leslie DeDora, Executive Director