Hi, there! 👋
We're the team at the Sacramento Region Community Foundation, the local folks behind GivingEdge (this website!) and Big Day of Giving (the annual giving day it powers!). Both are programs of our initiative to strengthen the greater Sacramento area by strengthening our local nonprofit sector—and the community ties that connect us all.
This work is at the heart of our mission. We love the Sacramento region and all of its dynamic, diverse communities. That's why we work in partnership with our donors and community partners to make it more equitable and vibrant for all—through leadership efforts like Big Day of Giving and GivingEdge, yes—as well as the philanthropic services we provide to make giving easy and effective for individuals, families, and businesses who care.
Our Work: Community Leadership
Together, tackling the root causes of inequity to build a more vibrant region for all.
With our donors' support, and in partnership with cross-sector leaders throughout El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, and Yolo counties, we put philanthropic resources to work and tackle pressing community challenges to make the capital area a more vibrant, more equitable home for all. Since we launched our Strategic Initiatives in 2015, we have led efforts to:
- Expand Philanthropy and the Social Economy: Grow local giving and build the capacity of the nonprofit sector through a suite of programs, including Big Day of Giving, GivingEdge, The Lab Capacity Building Program, Grants Advisory Board for Youth, and more.
- Prepare Students to Succeed in the New Economy: Increase college completion rates among students from backgrounds that are underrepresented in higher education by pairing public financial aid with private scholarships and wraparound services.
- Connect the Regional Food Economy: Strengthen the food system that feeds our region through research, collaboration, and large-scale investments that improve the greater Sacramento region's entire food system.
- Transform the Creative Economy: Foster a vibrant creative ecosystem to ensure the region’s cultural landscape is marked by equity, celebrates diversity, and is sustained into the future.
To learn more about each of these initiatives, please click the links above and register for our monthly e-newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest in our work.
Our Work: Philanthropic Services
Making it easy to maximize your impact, help others, and leave a legacy of good.
We help generous people support causes they care about easily and effectively, immediately or through their wills. And we make it easy: Donors establish charitable funds at the Foundation (or one of our affiliates, Lodi Community Foundation and Yolo Community Foundation) and then make grants from their personalized funds to support the causes they love or offer scholarships to students pursuing higher education.
The process is simple:
- Give: Donors make a gift to open their customized charitable fund at the Foundation.
- Grow: Their fund grows through sound investments, enabling them to make a greater immediate and long-term impact.
- Grant: They direct grants from your fund to the causes that matter to them and their loved ones.
Plus, when donors open charitable funds at the Foundation, they become partners in our community leadership initiatives—including GivingEdge and Big Day of Giving! We could go on and on about our fundholders and the benefits of charitable funds, but we'll save it for the Foundation's website. If you'd like to learn more about how we can help facilitate your philanthropic giving, please visit our website, where you can see our menu of charitable funds and review our charitable giving resources.
visit our website
We aren't shy about it: There's a great group of people behind this effort, including the Board of Directors and staff of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Kate Stille, Nugget Markets, Inc., Chair
- Kathy McKim, Hawksbill Group, Vice-Chair
- Garry Maisel, Western Health Advantage, Treasurer
- Cassandra Walker Pye, Lucas Public Affairs, Secretary
- Elaine Abelaye-Mateo, Everyday Impact Consulting
- Karen Baker, Community Leader
- Margie Campbell, Ose Properties
- Jonathan Lederer, U.S. Bank
- Dr. Linda Merksamer, Retired Dentist and Community Leader
- Carlin Naify, Community Leader
- William Niemi, Niemi Development Partners, LLC
- Renee Nunes Taylor, Community Leader
- Meg Stallard, Yolo Community Foundation
- Martin Steiner, Attorney (Retired)
- Gary Strong, American Red Cross, Gold Country
- Scott Syphax, Syphax Strategic Solutions
- Steven Weiss, The Weiss Group
- Kate Willcox, Boutin Jones, Inc.
- Clarence Williams, California Capital Financial Development Corporation
- Linda Beech Cutler, Chief Executive Officer
- James B. McCallum, Chief Financial Officer
- Kerry Wood, Chief Marketing & Donor Engagement Officer
- Niva Flor, Chief Impact & Strategy Officer
- Tina Bryce, Senior Grants & Scholarship Manager
- Vasey Coman, Director of Marketing
- Chelsea Fahr, Director of Donor Engagement
- Edward Harris, Director of Finance
- Monica Haulman, Program Manager, Impact Systems
- Maria Patrick, Finance Associate
- Jasmine Ripoyla, Marketing Coordinator
- Carmen Ross, Program Manager, Impact Systems
- Regina Vanzant, Administrative Coordinator
- Cathy Vue, Program Manager, Impact Strategy
- Rachel Wood, Donor Engagement Coordinator