Wellspring Women's Center
Wellspring Women's Center is a nondenominational, nonprofit organization founded in 1987 by two sisters of Social Service with the mission to nurture the innate goodness and personal self esteem of women and their children, and to do so within an atmosphere of hospitality with dignity and love. Wellspring started from humble beginnings and has grown to become a trusted neighborhood gathering place that reduces isolation and loneliness.
|Address:||PO Box 5728 |
Sacramento , CA 95817
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Human Services|
|Sub NTEE:||Human Services|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - We need unrestricted funding to cover the cost of all programming, administrative costs, and to keep the center running year over year.
- Funding: Program - Our biggest program need is Women's Wellness which houses all of our counseling, case management, health and wellness, art therapy, transportation, education, and other programs. It makes up for nearly 1/4 of our overall budget.
- In-Kind Donations - Please refer to our needs statement for a complete list of our needs. Most of the tangible items given to the community we serve are due to in-kind donations.
- Board Members - We are always looking for new board members who know the Oak Park community and understand the needs of our guests. We strongly encourage and seek diversity among our board members.
- Volunteers - We function because of our 100+ volunteers. We always need and count on volunteers. Currently, the Children's Corner Program is in need and we are building a Gratitude Commission to work with the current donors and volunteers.
Sister Judy Illig, IBVM