Sacramento Valley Chorus
To INSPIRE women of all ages to experience the joy of singing four part A cappella harmony
To EXCITE audiences with high energy, entertaining performances
To EDUCATE the membership and the community about barbershop singing as an art form
PO Box 601912
Sacramento California, CA 95860
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Good musical arrangements are an important part of the barbershop art form. Costs have tripled in this area due to changes in copyright requirements. The average cost for one song is $300.
- Funding: Unrestricted - In order to compete at the International level, SVC needs to hire international level coaches, meet travel related expenses, and costuming needs. Coaching fees run at an estimated $7,500 per year.
- Funding: Program - Young Women in Harmony is a philanthropic youth outreach program we support in the Sacramento Area. Donations and sponsorships help defray costs for providing services to young singers in our region. This includes providing scholarships for young women to attend Mountain Harmony Camp.
- Funding: Program - Angel Fund: This fund is available to help chorus members who are having financial difficulties.
- Funding: Other - Expanded Donor Base: We need help finding and keeping donors willing to support the arts by donating to Sacramento Valley Chorus. Increased donations will aid us in keeping membership dues affordable, and will support the educational programs offered to members and the community.
-- Maxine Verma-Team Coordinator