Sacramento Roller Derby
Sacramento Roller Derby is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to the empowerment of youths, women, and the Sacramento community through acts of philanthropy and volunteerism, participation in public events and entertainment, and by fostering athletic competition and camaraderie in the sport of flat track roller derby at local, national, and international levels.
P.O. BOX 660201
Sacramento, CA 96866
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
We want to keep doing what we've been doing all along: playing hard and helping others. Help us empower women and young people. Help us keep Sacramento exciting. Help us play a stronger role in the community we love.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - General donations are used to fund programs for our adult and youth programs.
- Space: Office or Other - Due to a recent demand for warehouse space in Sacramento, the market is outpacing what a small charity organization like ours can afford to rent or purchase. Please help us find a facility that has at least: - 15,000+ square feet of space - A rectangular floor-plan at least 103 feet long and 70 feet wide - If the space is not an open floor-plan, support beams 30 feet apart - Two restrooms, including one with ADA access - M1 or M2 zoning requirements - Availability for practices everyday
- Volunteers - Sacramento Roller Derby is made up of 100% volunteers. Skaters, referees, medics, and game day support are all integral to a successful league.
- Funding: Program - Adult League: Donations are counted on to help our community flourish. Individual groups like ours need to be able to maintain a secure safe space. Donations help purchase the equipment (pads, helmets, etc) for teaching new skaters, for educating our skaters and referees in clinics, and for helping our skaters compete at a local and an international level.
- Funding: Program - Junior's League: The junior's program is for skaters of all genders, ages 8 through 17 years. The Junior Rec program is the beginner session where young skaters learn the basics of roller derby. From the Rec League, skaters move on to the competitive teams to play against other junior leagues.