The Health Communication Research Institute, Inc.
The Health Communication Research Institute, Inc. (HCRI, Inc.), a 501, (c), 3 nonprofit corporation, was founded in 1989 with a mission to improve communication around end-of-life issues and to reduce health disparities among underserved populations, including the homeless. Since 2015, the focus of HCRI, Inc. has been to establish Joshua's House, the first hospice house for those experiencing homelessness at the end of life on the West Coast.
5025 J Street Suite 311
Sacramento, CA 95819
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Our greatest need initially is to raise the funds needed to create and furnish Joshua's House. Estimated cost to accomplish this is $1.5 million. There are numerous naming opportunities for various levels of donations.
- Funding: Unrestricted - We need unrestricted funding to create supportive services, training programs for staff and volunteers, and to assist with staffing costs.
- Furniture - We will need furniture for offices, individual bedrooms, a multi-purpose room, chapel and library.
- Other - Please Describe - Quilts, blankets, linens, kitchen cookware, utensils, books and personal care items.
- Technology - Desktop computers, security systems, television sets, Internet service.