|Address:||6950 21st Ave |
Sacramento, CA 95820
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Human Services|
|Sub NTEE:||Developmentally Disabled Services/Centers|
In 1952, a group of parents started a group to provide work opportunities to their adult children with disabilities. More than 60 years later, the group has evolved to become INALLIANCE. Our most visible, and perhaps important evolution, is that our participants have move from a sheltered workshop to working in the community, fully integrated.
In support of meeting our participants' life goals, by building a more livable workable world, INALLIANCE seeks assistance in the following ways: opportunities for full and part-time jobs, contract work for small participants crews, assistive and augmentative technology e.g., smart phones, computers, communication devices and software, supplies for college and technical training and donations of emergency kits, furniture, linens, and small house wares.
Our top needs:
Our top needs:
- In-Kind Donations - Providing experiences, that our participants might otherwise not have the opportunity to experience.
- Furniture - Thinking about moving? Donations of gently used furniture will allow us to assist our participants in furnishing their homes.
- Technology - Tables in conjunction with proloquo2go, a speech to text app, allows our participants to communicate their needs.
- Volunteers - Volunteers are essential to any nonprofit. Having volunteers for our fundraising, community, and other functions will provide us with the necessary work force to take our events to a new level.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Infrastructure upgrades are needed in our offices. During the heavy rains we have suffered some structural damages to our roofs, parking lots, and doors. We need to repair and/or replace some of the damages.
INALLIANCE serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who want to live a full and meaningful life. We provide access and series to approximately 500 individuals in the Greater Sacramento Region. INALLIANCE was founded 65 years ago by committed parents of family members with disabilities. As an agency we have evolved from a small sheltered workshop, serving a handful of adults, into a sizable multifaceted provider with three locations with customized services distinctive to the geographic locations. INALLINCE is dedicated to building a more livable workable world. We provide Supported Living, Independent Living, Job Development, Job Placement, Job Coaching, Pre-vocational Traning, community-based Work Crews, and Transportation as-well-as supporting a Consumer Advocacy Committee. Our goal is simple; to provide services and supports based on a person-centered approach, focusing on their interests, preferences and choice. The future, in many ways, is uncertain with both challenges and opportunities. INALLIANCE relies on financial and in kind backing and assistance from: individual charitable contributions, business sponsorship, foundation grants, planned giving; bequeath stock options, IRA, wills and trusts. Ninety two (92) cents of every dollar is dedicated to the support of adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.