Future Sacramento provides volunteer mentoring and scholarship funding to local financially qualified students in support of their college education.
Future Sacramento helps low-income 10th grade students from at-risk schools/homes gain admission to college and become first-generation college graduates.
425 University Ave, #210
Sacramento, CA 95825
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
The simple fear of not knowing how to pay for college could discourage any student, halting them from continuing on a track to college admission. We accept students early in high school to remove the fear of how to pay for college and instill confidence to continue towards the goal of a college degree.
First-generation college students have more than the financial burden of college. The numerous obstacles they face could derail them from achieving college success even begin their first day of class. Their challenges can include obligations to support their family, limited advanced academic opportunities in high school, absence of college-graduate role models, and lacking cultural awareness of what is required to access college.
Future Sacramento seeks students who are the "diamonds in the rough," recognizing both exceptional potential and disadvantaged challenges in students who are committed to achieve but do not have the necessary money or guidance to get to college.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Local students need access to scholarships. Our first priority is funding for college scholarships.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding for college mentoring and financial aid advocacy services.
- Volunteers - Volunteers needed for student mentoring and program support.
- Space: Office or Other - We welcome donated space for our student meetings and events.
- Board Members - Contact us if you are interested in being involved on our board or a committee.