Franciscan Living Urban Center for Spirituality
We are a diverse community of pilgrims and seekers.
Rooted in the Franciscan tradition of Relationship with the earth and her creatures, we embrace all of life as gift.
With compassion and creativity, we nurture opportunities for consciously integrating the whole of human experience into the spiritual journey.
We reach out to those who are spiritually or religiously marginalized, especially by lifestyle or income.
2410 K Street. Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95816
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Religion- Related|
|Sub NTEE:||Religion-Related NEC|
We are guided by the spiritual traditions of Francis and Clare of Assisi. Their eagerness to develop a conscious connection with the Earth, animals, and all peoples serves as a model for us today as we seek to nurture a holistic vision of familial relationship with the entire cosmos.
Located in a cozy suite in the heart of Midtown Sacramento, the center offers classes, discussion groups, retreats, spiritual direction and counseling to any and all who wish to journey with us.
In its eight+ years of operation, the Center has served the following groups of people:
THE VOICELESS AND VULNERABLE: disabled, low income, homeless, and widowed
THE RELIGIOUSLY MARGINALIZED: those feeling alienated from traditional churches, members of the LGBTQ community, those doubting the existence of God or a Higher Power
THE MAINSTREAM: spiritual seekers, clergy, seminarians, women religious, community leaders, those actively affiliated with faith traditions such as Animist, Baptist, Buddhist, Celtic, Episcopal, Hindu, Independent Catholic, Native American, Roman Catholic, and Wicca. Our multicultural community includes people from the following cultures: African American, Chinese, East Indians, Eastern European, Mexicans, Native American, Pacific Islander, South & Central American, Vietnamese, and Western European.
All proceeds from spiritual direction, program fees, and donations go entirely to program expenses, occupancy, insurance, telecommunications, office equipment and supplies, utilities, and advertising.
Our top needs:
- Volunteers - Volunteers to help staff the Center such as a newsletter editor, somebody with social media skills and, of course, a tech wizard to keep the Center connected and the machinery up-to-date.
- Board Members - Committed individuals who share the Center's mission to serve on the Board of Directors and oversee program development.
- Volunteers - Program leaders, facilitators and creative folks who can help lead classes and seminars.
- Funding: Program - Funds to help create new programming and offset discounted entry fees.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Monetary support for basic costs that program fees don't cover such as rent, utilities and insurance.