The Center for Fathers and Families fills a crucial time period after school each day for thousands of students attending Title 1 schools throughout greater Sacramento the area. Our MASTERs (Making After School Time Enriching and Rewarding) program serves 2,200 students each day by providing a safe environment, daily homework assistance, enrichment activities, an organized year around organized sports program, and a hot meal that is often times the student's last meal of the day.
In addition to MASTERS, we offer a series of support classes through our Adult Services Program. Families, parents, and the general community may attend CPS and court approved classes and workshops that help strengthen the family. Classes offered are:
" Daddy's Here
" Taming Your Temper
" Practical Parenting
Our families often struggle with basic necessities. Help us make a difference in our future by supporting students each day and keeping them engaged in a meaningful way. You can help by:
1. Making a gift
2. Sponsoring a school
3. Volunteering your time or in-kind support
4. Attend one of our fundraisers
5. In addition, donations of any of the following are always appreciated and needed:
" Backpacks and school supplies (paper, pencils, calculators, notebooks, etc.)
" Gift cards to local grocery stores or retail outlets like Target or Walmart
" Warm winter supplies, including new coats, blankets, socks
" Tickets for local cultural & sporting events
" New/gently used board games - Sorry, Connect 4, Checkers, etc.
" Art supplies (clay, crayons, colored pencils, paper, sidewalk chalk, etc.)
" Incentives - pencils, stickers, erasers, etc.
" Books, flashcards, and educational puzzles/workbooks (grade level 1-8)
" New, unwrapped toys for our families over the holiday season
Our top needs:
1. Funding: Program - Support enrichment activities in the MASTERS After School Program. Current needs: art supplies and musical instruments for the arts program; equipment for the sports league; pom poms for the cheer squads; garden supplies for the garden clubs.
2. Funding: Unrestricted - New toys for the holiday season; warm clothing for the winter. Adopt a needy family during the Winter. Donate coats and provide financial assistance to help families pay heating bills. $75-300/month would sponsor a family through the winter.
3. Funding: Unrestricted - Support family outings by making monetary donations donating or movie passes and family event passes for single parents who cannot afford to treat their child to special celebrations.
4. Funding: Program - Help CFF eliminate waiting lists at MASTERS (Making After School Time Enriching Rewarding and Successful) sites. The MASTERS after school program occurs at 17 schools in Sacramento and is currently over enrolled with long waiting lists.
5. Funding: Program - Sponsor our fitness clubs at local schools. In-kind or monetary donations help our youth and their parents participate in local marathons or other sporting events.