California FFA Foundation
To make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education.
P.O. Box 186
Galt, CA 95632
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
For more than 90 years, the California FFA has been making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through the California agricultural education program. As an intra-curricular organization, the California FFA serves nearly 89,000 FFA members in 337 high school and middle school chapters across the state. We work hard to support the success of today's students, who are the leaders of tomorrow.
There are at least 89,000 reasons to support the California FFA. FFA has seen membership hit record levels; we hosted over 6,000 members at State Conference; leadership conferences have increased by more than 25%; and the breadth of the classes and skills offered to high school students continues to increase relative to industry demand. Ensuring our students understand the connections between their STEM based education and agricultural career opportunities, utilizing hands-on training that yields industry related certifications, and providing our students with leadership skills that give them the foundation to be a successful employee and leader, are all part of a rigorous, yet proven model utilized daily in FFA chapters throughout California.However, if we are continuing to keep pace with an increase in demand for agriculture and technical related careers, our growth must continue. The California FFA continues to remain the largest youth organization poised for meeting employer needs of today and tomorrow.
Our top needs:
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Support for the Leadership Development Continuum-A testament to "success breeds success", the FFA Leadership Development Continuum is bursting at the seams. Despite hosting a record number of conferences this year including 33 GLC's (Freshmen), 8 MFE's (Sophmore's), 8 ALA's (Junior's), and increased capacity at SLE (Senior's), we're currently working on developing new curriculum and conference materials that would allow us to better serve our members.
- Funding: Program - Support for the Gift of Blue Program - Not every member can afford an FFA jacket and it's our priority to ensure it doesn't limit their pride and involvement in FFA activities. The California FFA Foundation strives to provide one jacket and a tie or scarf to every member who otherwise couldn't afford one.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Historical Preservation - As we quickly approach our 100th anniversary, the value of knowing our roots and sharing our story with current and prospective members is crucial. We are looking to develop historical displays for the rotunda of the FFA Center so that members, alumni and guest understand the historical context of our beginning, the relationship between a local chapter and the California FFA and the valuable contributions made by members and alumni since 1928.
- Funding: Unrestricted - California FFA Center Support- Located along Highway 99 in Galt, the FFA Center serves as the hub of operations for the California FFA and home for the State Officer team. Phase one of the FFA Center was completed a decade ago and given the growth experienced in those ten years, the need for phase two and additional operating, meeting and conference space became apparent sooner than expected.
- Board Members - We value sound and sustainable governance, while emphasizing fiscal success and accountability. Our California FFA Foundation Board of Directors are subject to high standards and high expectations. We are always looking for individuals interested in serving as Board members.
"FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education." Members are future chemists, veterinarians, government officials, entrepreneurs, bankers, international business leaders, teachers and premier professionals in many career fields. FFA continues to grow because agricultural education offers programs and conferences that build the soft job skills needed in today's market place. Additionally agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in global agriculture, food, fiber, and natural resources systems. Our focus at the California FFA Foundation is to help FFA members experience the many opportunities that the organization offers. Since its inception in 1972, the California FFA Foundation's primary mission has been to provide financial support to FFA students and FFA programs across the State of California. Every student should have the opportunity to develop through, leadership conferences, career development events, and supervised agricultural experiences. We at the FFA Foundation strive to make those experiences accessible to all student. FFA develops members' potential and helps them discover their talent through hands-on experiences, which give members the tools to achieve real-world success. Personally I am a product of the FFA and spent 18 years in the classroom as an agricultural teacher and FFA Advisor. I can say with absolute certainty that there is a place for all students in FFA regardless of their background. I have witnessed the transformative affect that the FFA has on every student and truly believe in the program. Matt Patton, Executive Director
-- Matt Patton, Executive Director
-- Matt Patton, Executive Director