909 12th Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95814
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Community Improvement, Capacity Building|
|Sub NTEE:||Community & Neighbourhood Development|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Due to the steady growth in our programs, our most pressing need is funds to strengthen the organization's infrastructure. A capacity-building grant of $40-50,000 would allow us to upgrade technology, conduct an audit of our financial systems and develop and implement a comprehensive board recruitment strategy.
- Board Members - In conjunction with capacity building objectives, we are seeking to expand our Board by bringing on members with expertise in Finance/banking, human resources, accounting, project management and architecture/development.
- Funding: Program - $25,000 to employ a part time community organizer would help us ensure that our projects remain grounded in the true needs of the community and involve residents in our community-building efforts.
- Funding: Program - Funding to sustain ongoing programs and bring innovative program ideas to fruition. ~$5,000 per farmers' market site to sustain and continue our CalFresh processing; $50,000 to launch a full scale Fruit & Veggie Prescription Program in partnership with local clinics serving low-income populations.
- Volunteers - Long-term consistent volunteers are needed to help carry out all of our programs efficiently. We offer unpaid internship opportunities to help you gain experience toward achieving your personal or career goals, or less intense volunteer opportunities work.