4 Directions Farm
For some children and young adults with disabilities, repetitive and unrewarding tasks within the traditional school setting can be counterproductive - many individuals find themselves without purpose. 4 Directions Farm was founded under the principle that everyone deserves the chance to find direction in life!
4900 Windplay Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
|County or Parish:||El Dorado County|
|Sub NTEE:||Special Education|
Our top needs:
- Space: Office or Other - Our largest expense and greatest return will be the construction of our barn facility on the farm. All of the blueprints have been completed and approved, we simply do not have the funds to complete construction. The barn will serve as the hub for 4 Directions Farm. It will be a 2,000 square foot workspace that includes a commercial kitchen, bathroom facilities, and vocational work area for produce management. It will also feature storefront marketplace where students can practice selling their goods to the public. All plans are ADA compliant.
- Space: Office or Other - Our second facility in need of funding our commercial green house. We currently use a small-scale green house with our students, but we have reached capacity. The new green house will include an enclosed workshop area for our students to learn more about planting, irrigation, and mass production. All plans are ADA compliant.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Our general program expenses help to facilitate product development and agricultural/horticultural vocational skills for our students. Participants currently create products and gifts including organic soaps, lip balms, sachets, and greeting cards. We would like to expand on the opportunities we provide for our students, and would use additional funding to provide equipment and materials for this expansion.
- Volunteers - We are always in search of motivated groups and individuals who want to make a difference and are willing to work with our special needs population. Volunteers can help our students farm work, product creation, and event support.
- Volunteers - We are also in search of Master Gardeners who can visit our farm and provide expert knowledge about best practices. Every farm is different, and we want to both utilize our farm to its potential and care for it in a way that doesn't deplete it of resources.
-Starranne Meyers, Founder