The Wish List Project
Providing access to youth development opportunities, educational resources and extracurricular activities for underserved youth and low income families in the Sacramento region, which fosters student and family success in school and beyond.
"We believe all people can be successful in school and in life when they have opportunities to pursue their interests, and the proper tools needed to achieve their goals."
5299 Auburn Blvd., Suite 2000E
Sacramento, CA 95841
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
• Expand skills and gain confidence leading to improved academics and school attendance
• Develop positive social interactions with peers and adults
• Become empowered to take on leadership roles
• Explore career opportunities which improve graduation rates and may lead to higher education
Since 2013, The Wish List Project has supported 155 students by funding access to programs or resources such as:
• Music and dance lessons
• Team and individual sports programs and equipment
• Leadership workshops and conferences
• Visual arts classes
• Technology, textbooks, and lab fees for college
• Summer camp programs
• Prom costs
• Dorm room bedding
• Cultural travel programs
Skilled volunteers are needed to serve on our board of directors.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding for student grants. We have funded 170 students thus far and would like to increase this number over the next two years.
- Board Members - Experienced board members with a passion for helping children, a desire to make a difference in their community and the ability to role up their sleeves and get things done to help our organization move forward.
- Funding: Other - Funding for one part-time staff member position.
- Volunteers - Video Production assistance
- In-Kind Donations - Chromebooks, prom dresses, and gift cards.