|Address:||6060 Sunrise Vista Drive Suite 2000E|
Citrus Heights, CA 95610
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Youth Development|
|Sub NTEE:||Youth Development Programs|
With the help of a few like-minded friends, Sheila and her colleagues developed The Wish List Project Student Enrichment Grants program. They operated under a fiscal sponsorship for 13 months until receiving IRS exemption status in July 2014. Student grants are awarded twice a year to students residing in low income neighborhoods in Sacramento, Placer, Yolo and El Dorado counties. Nominations are accepted from professionals in the fields of education, social work, law enforcement and child advocacy who are familiar with the student/family background.
Volunteers are needed to: serve on our board of directors
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funding for student grants. We have funded 128 students thus far and would like to double this number over the next two years.
- Funding: Program - Costs for college workshops. This funding helps support kids with dreams and goals who don't have access to the educational resources and activities that would most benefit them.
- Funding: Other - A large van or mini bus for client transportation and community outreach.
- Funding: Other - Salary for one full time staff member.
- Board Members - Experienced board members with corporate capabilities.
'We are a 100% volunteer organization and we have done an admirable job of reaching out to professionals who work with at-risk kids (school districts, school sites, social workers and other advocates) to solicit nominations for our grants program. Additional financial support will allow us to expand our outreach, which in turn allows us to provide many more grants to students in need. In 2016, we funded 49 students. Our goal for 2017 is to double that number.'
'I am very proud of what we have accomplished in just four short years and grateful for all the TWLP Volunteers, Board Members, Student Ambassadors, and supporters. Together we work toward a common goal, helping children succeed in achieving their dreams. Please join us as we continue to level the playing field for those kids who are most vulnerable in our communities. Become a volunteer or supporter; "because every child is one caring adult away from being a success story".'
Sheila Hull-Summers, Executive Director