Sierra Forever Families
Sierra Forever Families' (Sierra) mission is to transform the lives of children and youth in foster care by building and nurturing permanent families. We believe while some children might need temporary care, every child NEEDS a forever family who provides them with a lifelong, safe, stable and secure parenting relationship with love and unconditional commitment.
|Address:||8928 Volunteer Lane, Suite 100 |
Sacramento, CA 95826
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Human Services|
- 138 adoption finalizations
- 133 other children were placed with forever families and were on the path to finalization
- 137 children received Therapeutic Support Services
- 86 children participated in the Wonder Mentoring Program
- 65 children benefited from Family Preservation Services in Nevada County
- 125 children served by Destination Family Program which includes Capital Kids are Waiting and Wendy's Wonderful Kids
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - With more than 3,000 children in foster care in the Sacramento region, Sierra Forever Families works to make sure that no child has to grow up in temporary care.
- Funding: Unrestricted - We are in need of stable, loving families that are willing to open their hearts and homes to local children in foster care. Sierra knows that adoption is a lifetime journey, so we are committed to provide continued support services.
- Funding: Program - In addition to adoptive families, we are also in need of mentors for our Wonder Mentoring program to ensure that no child has to go through foster care alone.
- Other - Please Describe - Individuals interested in opening their heart and home to a child in foster care. It is our honor to advocate and work for our local children in foster care, but we need your help.
- Volunteers - Volunteers for the Wonder Mentor program.
Bob Herne, MSW, Chief Executive Officer