|Address:||6201 Florin Perkins Road |
Sacramento, CA 95828
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Animal Related|
|Sub NTEE:||Animal Protection & Welfare|
In addition to providing spay/neuter for owned pets, the SPCA provides free surgeries annually through its "We Pay to Spay" pit bull spay/neuter program. The SPCA also holds special surgery clinics specifically for feral cats. Since we first started holding spay/neuter clinics for feral cats, we have altered more than 23,000. We also provided more than 14,000 low-cost vaccinations to our community's animals, helping to prevent unnecessary illness and disease. In order to save animals' lives and provide much needed services at low cost to our community, we need your help. As the only non-profit animal shelter in Sacramento that receives no government funding, we ask that you choose the Sacramento SPCA first when making a donation for the animals. Together, we can save animals in our community, one life at a time.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - Our "Paws for Health Fund" provides veterinary care for animals in need of extra care.
- Funding: Program - Our feral cat clinics need funding so that volunteers can continue to bring cats in and keep these clinics full.
- Funding: Program - To help reduce the number of pit bulls and pit bull mixes from entering the shelter, we offer free spay/neuter surgeries to low income pet owners of pit bulls and pit bull mixes.
- Funding: Unrestricted - Funds to help offset costs of animal care and general operations.
- In-Kind Donations - Please visit our website at www.sspca.org to see our current list of items needed for the animals.
Kenn Altine, CEO