Sacramento Fine Arts Center
The Sacramento Fine Art Center's mission is to encourage the creation and presentation of original visual arts, to support the cultural life of the community, and to encourage all artists to fulfill their potential. Our vision is to maximize the synergy of artists working together across all ages, cultures, abilities, experience, and genres, and to expand the appreciation of art in our community.
5330B Gibbons Dr
Carmichael, CA 95608
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
|Primary NTEE:||Arts,Culture & Humanities|
|Sub NTEE:||Visual Arts|
Our top needs:
- Funding: Other - Staff: Our highest priority for additional funding is to make it possible to hire a full-time Executive Director. Since its inception in 1986 the Sacramento Fine Arts Center has relied almost entirely on volunteers to create, manage, and execute an ever-increasing array of programs and services. While currently the Center now has three part-time staff, an Executive Director is needed to provide overall leadership to the Center's members, volunteers, and staff, and to work with the Board of Directors to secure additional resources to ensure financial sustainability. Funding need: $60,000
- Space: Office or Other - Expansion and remodeling of office space to accommodate a full-time Executive Director and three part-time staff and to improve access by the public to staff when seeking assistance. Funding need: $15,000
- Funding: Program - Funding is needed to ensure the continued success of our Art for Families Program, specifically to be able to pay modest stipends to the artists currently donating their time to lead each session. In addition, funding is need to assist in the development of a new teen oriented art group. Funding need: $1500, Art for Families, and $1000 for teen program.
- Technology - Funding is needed to replace three aging computers and to upgrade the Center's network. Funding need: $6,000
- Funding: Other - The Board of Directors is moving in the direction of beginning a major long-range planning process. Funding is needed to underwrite the costs of engaging an outside consultant and underwriting the costs of developing the plan. Funding needed: $5000
The Sacramento Fine Arts Center supports the cultural life of our community by providing excellent art exhibitions easily accessible to members of the Sacramento region, and a venue for artists to show and sell their work. All exhibits and Second Saturday receptions are open free to the general public. Receptions provide special opportunities not only for viewing the exhibits but also listening to live music featuring local musicians.
We encourage artists to fulfill their potential by providing quality classes, workshops, and learning opportunities for persons of all ages and cultures. The Center studio provides a comfortable, inviting setting for the many classes, workshops, and demonstrations which are held there throughout the year.
We contribute to our community each year by participating in various Carmichael and Sacramento events, such as the Carmichael annual Easter egg hunt and July 4th celebrations, and Sacramento Race for the Arts Festival. At each of these celebrations, we provide opportunities for children to engage in various art projects. Children and parents alike line up to create art.
Our goal for the future is to continue to build on the successes of our past and to expand services and opportunities to an even broader, more diverse group of aspiring artists wherever they may reside in the communities of Sacramento.
--Mary Hargrave, President