|Address:||PO Box 23 |
Roseville, CA 95678
|County or Parish:||Placer County|
|Primary NTEE:||Arts,Culture & Humanities|
|Sub NTEE:||Bands & Ensembles|
- Public concerts in the winter and spring
- Civic ceremonies such as Memorial Day and Veteran's Day observances
- Concerts for residents at local retirement communities, including: Sun City Roseville, Sun City Lincoln Hills, Springfield at Whitney Oaks, and Eskaton Retirement Community of Roseville
- Roseville community events, such as the Performing Arts of Roseville's Royer Park Summer Concert Series, Christmas Tree Lighting, Fourth of July Parade, Relay for Life Walk-a-thon and Roseville High School's 100th Anniversary Celebration
- Joint concerts with various high schools and middle schools in Roseville and the surrounding communities
- Regional events such as the Annual Carmichael Park Band Festival and Carmichael Fourth of July Fireworks Display
- Children's concerts, including an instrumental petting zoo where young children are encouraged to touch and experiment with musical instruments
- Concert for a senior citizens at St. Rose of Lima Church
- Public performances at Whole Foods Market in Roseville
Our top needs:
- Funding: Program - YOUTH MUSIC CAMP ($1500): Offering scholarships to our annual youth summer music camps will encourage children to continue their musical education throughout the summer months and will also enable us to include a more economically diverse group of children.
- Funding: Other - CONCERT PRODUCTION: Sheet music ($500): Every year, the RCCB plays a variety of music including traditional concert band repertoire, contemporary pops music (musicals and movies), as well as ceremonial and patriotic music.
- Space: Office or Other - PERFORMANCE VENUE RENTAL ($1000): We strive for at least two "formal" concerts per season in a local theater, providing comfortable seating and a climate controlled environment to our audience and musicians.
- Funding: Other - VOCAL & INSTRUMENTAL SOLOISTS ($500): In striving to keep our concerts exciting and at the highest level of musicality, we would like to hire guest artists for concerts.
- Funding: Other - MARKETING ($200): One of the most important things to a musician is playing for an audience. Promoting our performances is important to our mission.
'We welcome those of varying ability levels, ages, and experience. We have former professional musicians to middle school students, to folks who have not played in 50 years. Our members range in age from 13 to 91 years old. Music, like any other art form, is fluid and always changing, thus always exciting and interesting to play. No piece ever sounds the same twice, and this is why live music performances are such a great art form. The RCCB gives back to the community in more ways than concerts. Each June, the RCCB produces two, week-long music camp for children from the 4th through 8th grade. Campers participate in concert band, jazz band, world drumming, the ukulele, and singing. With very low tuition, many children from the Roseville community and beyond participate. The RCCB gifted more than 20 scholarships last summer and hope to continue this trend. Credentialed music teachers are the instructors and talented high school and college students serve as counselors. Concert seasons and youth music camps do not happen on their own. The RCCB has organizational costs to help ensure the best possible musical experience for our members and audiences. Patrons, donors, and sponsors help keep our band alive and thriving. With your support comes our promise to continue to bring quality music to our community.'
Thank you for your support!
Stephanie Sugano, Music Director, Roseville Community Concert Band