Aerospace Museum of California
The mission of the Aerospace Museum of California is to enhance the awareness of aerospace science through education: Explore-Experience-Engage! The Museum's education program is based on providing hands-on, practical educational experiences related to math, science, engineering, and aviation studies for students from elementary to community college.
The Aerospace Museum provides multiple education programs:
- Flight Zone
- STEM Programs
- da Vinci Exhibit
- Docent Led Tours
- Air Park Tours
- Exhibit Hall Tours
- More than 49,000 students participated in Museum education programs since its opening in 2007.
- Over 3,800 student visitors.
- Aerospace Learning Center (ALC) served more than 1,350 students. The ALC provides hands-on basic flight instruction and demonstrates the importance of math and science to flight.
- 40 Aerospace Camp students flew their first training flight this summer.
- Hosted and sponsored 2013 FLL First Lego League Robotics Competition for over 150 participants.
- Sponsored the Luther Burbank JROTC Cyber Patriot Team.
- Hosted 1,200 students for the 2013 SummerQuest Galaxy Day.
- Provided educational scholarships to over 1,500 students at a value of $22,500.