Get Started on Your GivingEdge Profile!
Thank you for your interest in creating a GivingEdge profile for your organization!
GivingEdge will help you:
- Increase awareness of your organization among potential donors and new audiences
- Tell your story and make a case for support
- Help the community understand the need for your services, solutions and results
- Drive online donations
To apply for a profile, you will need to fill out a simple online application.
You will need the following information:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Organization Name
- Contact Name (person responsible for completing the profile)
- Contact Email, Phone Number, and Address
- Current fiscal operating budget
After submitting your request, you will receive a confirmation email. Our staff will then verify your eligibility and approve your application. Once approved, you will recieve another email with instructions to create your log-in credentials so you may begin creating your profile.
Once you have submitted your completed profile, it will enter a queue for review. All information will be reviewed and you may be contacted if there are errors, suggested edits, or missing information. This process can take anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks depending on the volume of profiles in the review queue.
When your profile is approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the system and your profile will then be viewable on the website.l
Before applying for a profile, please review the eligibility criteria:
Must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS.
Must be headquartered or provide direct services with a physical office or branch in one or more of the following counties: Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, El Dorado
Have two years of financial reporting using an IRS FORM 990 or 990EZ ONLY. We will not accept 990-Ps, 990-PFs or any other financial report or document. Some exceptions apply, including:
If you are a fiscally sponsored organization, your fiscal sponsor must adhere to the financial reporting requirements and your organization must be headquartered in the regions listed. You must also provide a copy of your fiscal sponsorship agreement.
Nonprofit organizations that currently have a fund at Sacramento Region Community Foundation or its affiliates are eligible to participate regardless of location. All other criteria listed above must be met.
The following organizations are not elgible:
- Schools, churches, or government organizations. Some exceptions apply, including:
We will accept organizations or foundations that are fiscally sponsored by a school or church, as long as eligibility requirements are met by the fiscal sponsor.
Organizations or foundations created to support churches, schools or government organizations are eligible as long as eligibility requirements are met.
- Private foundations (filing a 990PF)
- Supporting organizations (charity status of 509(a)(3))
- Public safety organizations (charity status of 509(a)(4))
Please note the following:
- Entrance into the GivingEdge program does not automatically enroll your organization in the Big Day of Giving. A separate registration prociess and requirements are needed.
- The presence of information on GivingEdge regarding any nonprofit does not mean that the Foundation endorses or supports that organization. The information provided on each profile is provided by the nonprofit organization itself. The Foundation does not guarantee the accuracy of any such data or make any representations or warranties with regard to any organization profiled in this database.
- Once approved, profiles must be updated on an annual basis. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the “reviewed” seal or the removal of your profile from the system.
- The Sacramento Region Community Foundation reserves the right to decline to permit any organization to participate in GivingEdge at any time, for any reason, in its sole discretion.
Ready to apply? Click here to begin
Have a question about the process or eligiblity? Contact us at email@example.com