Create a Profile
Thank you for your interest in creating a GivingEdge profile for your organization! A profile on GivingEdge gives your organization an "edge" in educating our community on the impact you are making, provide them a portal to make a donation, and so much more. GivingEdge is also the backbone to the Sacramento Region Community Foundation's signature event, Big Day of Giving. To begin creating your profile visit out nonprofit login page and click on the blue button on the right.
To be eligibile for a profile, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization.
- Be headquartered or have a physical office/branch in the 4-county region of Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, and Placer.
- Provide direct services to one or more of the following counties in the 4-county region of Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, and Placer.
- Have two years of financial reporting using an IRS FORM 990 or 990EZ ONLY. We will not accept 990-Ns, 990-PFs or any other financial report or document.
- If you are a fiscally sponsored organization, your fiscal sponsor must adhere to the financial reporting requirements and your organization must be headquartered in the regions listed. You must also provide a copy of your fiscal sponsorship agreement.
- Nonprofit organizations that currently have a fund at Sacramento Region Community Foundation are eligible to participate regardless of location. All other criteria listed above must be met.
The following are not eligible for a profile:
- Schools, churches, or government organizations.
- This includes PTAs, sports, clubs, and other teams or sub-groups of a school.
- We will accept organizations or foundations that are fiscally sponsored by a school or church, as long as eligibility requirements are met by the fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations or foundations created to support churches, schools or government organizations are eligible as long as eligibility requirements are met.
- Private foundations (filing a 990PF)
- Supporting organizations (charity status of 509(a)(3))
- Public safety organizations (charity status of 509(a)(4))