Big Day of Giving 2018 | Participation Requirements
There are four required steps to complete for participation. Failure to meet these requirements by the posted deadlines will exclude your organization from participation. Requirements are subject to change each year. If you are a returning nonprofit, please make sure you read through the requirements.
STEP 1: ATTEND AN ORIENTATION
STEP 2: REGISTER ONLINE
Registration is now CLOSED. The deadline to register for all organization was December 31, 2017.
To be eligible for participation, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization
- Be headquartered or have a physical office/branch in the 4-county region of Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, and Placer
- Provide direct services to one or more of the following counties in the 4-county region of Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo, and Placer.
- Have two years of financial reporting using an IRS FORM 990 or 990EZ ONLY. We will not accept 990-Ns, 990-PFs or any other financial report or document. Some exceptions apply, including:
- If you are a fiscally sponsored organization, your fiscal sponsor must adhere to the financial reporting requirements and your organization must be headquartered in the regions listed. You must also provide a copy of your fiscal sponsorship agreement.
- If you participated in the Big Day of Giving 2017 through an exception, you were required to file using an approved form to be eligible for future giving days. Given this restriction, you may register if you can provide your most recent 990/990EZ. We will not accept any other form.
- Nonprofit organizations that currently have a fund at Sacramento Region Community Foundation are eligible to participate regardless of location. All other criteria listed above must be met.
The following are not eligible to participate:
- Schools, churches, or government organizations
- We will accept organizations or foundations that are fiscally sponsored by a school or church, as long as eligibility requirements are met by the fiscal sponsor.
- Organizations or foundations created to support churches, schools or government organizations are eligible as long as eligibility requirements are met.
- Private foundations (filing a 990PF)
- Supporting organizations (charity status of 509(a)(3))
- Public safety organizations (charity status of 509(a)(4))
THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS DECEMBER 31ST, 2017. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
STEP 3: PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE
Your registration fee is collected through the online system.
Registration fee is due no later than December 31st, 2017. We do not accept checks or cash.
Your registration fee is based on your organization's operating budget and is non-refundable past February 28, 2018.
2017 Operating Budget Size
$0 - $100,000
$100,001 - $250,000
$250,001 - $500,000
$500,001 - $1,000,000
$1,000,001 - $5 million
Over $5 million
In addition to helping with BDOG operations, your registration fee provides your organization with many benefits including:
- Participation in BIG Day of Giving 2018
- GivingEdge profile and donation page with access to donation reports year-round.
- Bootcamp nonprofit capacity training series that include topics such as:
- Donor engagement & development
- Board engagement
- Communications, marketing, and social media
- Partnerships & collaboration
- Monthly team captain calls/training
- Mentorship opportunties
- Membership to Big Day of Giving Facebook Learning Community
- Invitation to networking events
- Global marketing & media coordination for Big Day of Giving
- Marketing toolkit with graphics, templates and campaign workplans
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED PROFILE
If you are new to Big Day of Giving or did NOT participate in 2017, you will need to create a profile. If you participated last year and/or have a profile on the system, you will simply need to update your profile.
- FOR NEW ORGANIZATIONS WITHOUT A PROFILE AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN BIG DAY OF GIVING 2017.
- Once you have registered online and submitted your information via the online registration system, the Sacramento Region Community Foundation will verify your eligibility. Once verified, you will receive an email invitation to begin filling out your profile.
- FOR ORGANIZATIONS THAT PARTICIPATED IN BIG DAY OF GIVING 2017
- You will be required to update your information, add your most recent 990/990EZ and submit for review. For returning organizations, use this guideline to make sure you're on the right track on completing your profile.
ALL PROFILES NEED TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW BY JANUARY 31ST. DUE TO THE TIME SENSITIVE NATURE OF THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL NOT ACCEPT LATE SUBMISSIONS.
Sacramento Region Community Foundation reserves the right to decline to permit any organization to participate in Big Day of Giving at any time, for any reason, in its sole discretion.
For questions or assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of inquiries, please allow us 24-48 hours to respond. The Foundation is not able to accept phone calls regarding Big Day of Giving questions from nonprofits.