Bradshaw Animal Shelter
Each year, thousands of animals end up at the Bradshaw Animal Shelter. Most are discarded by their owners or lost, and many are impounded by shelter staff because of abuse, neglect or abandonment. A significant number arrive at the shelter unaltered, sick or injured, and funding for veterinary care and supplies is limited. That's why there's TEAM.
3839 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95827
|County or Parish:||Sacramento|
- Fundraisers, including the annual Whiskers & Wine event and TEAM's successful Critter Outfitter retail store
- A Special Medical Needs Program to provide supplemental veterinary care for injured and sick animals
- Community-based spay and neuter clinics serving the pets of low-income residents
TEAM has been "Teaching Everyone Animals Matter" for nearly 20 years. From the beginning, TEAM has supported the Bradshaw Shelter by funding special veterinary care for the shelter animals and by supporting the volunteers and staff who work tirelessly for the animals. TEAM has also made public education about animal issues a top priority. Urging the public to "Always spay, always neuter, always ID, always adopt a shelter pet," this message remains at the heart of TEAM's work. TEAM's primary function is to raise money for its Special Medical Needs Program, which funds specialized veterinary care and treatment for injured and neglected animals surrendered to the Bradshaw Shelter. Program funding also provides medical equipment and supplies for the shelter's on-site surgery facility.
- Provide funds for veterinary care for Bradshaw Shelter animals who are ill, injured and victims of crisis
- Provide funds for quarterly low-cost spay/neuter clinics for dogs, cats
- Assist in improving the quality and number of adoptions from the Bradshaw Shelter
- Provide support for the Friends of Unwanted Rabbits
- Provide education to the citizens of Sacramento County on the humane care and treatment of animals to reduce animal cruelty and suffering
TEAM hopes to raise $50,000 on the Big Day of Giving to continue supporting animals in need.
Our top needs:
- Funding: Unrestricted - Our general funds are used to fund many TEAM activities, including animal care, community outreach, and education. During 2016, TEAM purchased new beds for shelter dogs, provided funding for contract veterinary professionals to assist shelter staff, and engaged in a community outreach campaign that included billboards promoting adoption and animal care.
- Funding: Program - Our Special Medical Needs Program funds critical medical treatment for animals. In the last year, TEAM has funded several specialist consultations, tests, and treatments that have made a huge difference in the lives of animals. Animals that otherwise may have been euthanized are able to receive necessary medical care with the ultimate goal of the animal being able to be adopted.
- Funding: Program - Our Spay and Neuter Program helps provide low-cost spay and neuter services to the community. Spaying and neutering animals helps reduce shelter overcrowding and euthanasia.
- Funding: Program - The Friends of Unwanted Rabbits (FUR) program works with the Bradshaw Shelter, taking in rabbits with medical needs and providing care for rabbits when the Shelter's rabbit spots are full. TEAM FUR's volunteers care for rabbits awaiting adoption, including foster care and tending to medical needs. TEAM FUR volunteers also provide education to the public regarding bunny care, including diet and the importance of spaying and neutering.
- Funding: Other - Our annual Whiskers & Wine fundraiser will take place in fall 2017. This is our biggest event fundraiser of the year complete with a full dinner, silent and live auction items and a dessert bar. We are in need of event sponsors, as well as donations of goods or services for our auction.